Detoxing from drugs or alcohol is often one of the most challenging steps in addiction recovery. Many who have completed this step may tell horror stories about withdrawal symptoms and the detox process. While having anxiety is entirely understandable, the drug detox process will help to regain health and mental well-being. Medical detoxification sets the stage for achieving lifelong recovery. At California Centers for Recovery, our luxury drug and alcohol detox center helps minimize withdrawal symptoms with medical intervention in a luxury environment.
Our addiction treatment programs in Los Angeles address withdrawal symptoms at every level. The team of recovery specialists and medical professionals knows how to spot the intense and uncomfortable signs that can arise during drug and alcohol detox. Every person who comes into our center will receive a custom detox plan that helps them achieve their recovery goals based on their personal needs.
Drug Use in Los Angeles
As drug use in the U.S. continues to spike, the trend remains true in Los Angeles. Among the most popularly abused drugs remain opioid medications. Since 2010, the rates at which doctors fill these prescriptions have significantly declined. However, the number of prescription opioid deaths reached a new high in 2020 when 88% of accidental prescription overdose deaths in Los Angeles involved opioids.
Opioids are not the only drugs contributing to overdose deaths in Los Angeles. Methamphetamine use has increased dramatically in the past few years. The number of people seeking treatment for meth addiction in Los Angeles has quadrupled since 2006. This increase is likely due to the drug’s rise in availability and potency.
Despite these statistics, there is hope. California Centers for Recovery offers a variety of addiction treatment programs that can help those struggling with drug or alcohol abuse get on the path to recovery. Our detox programs in the South Bay Area can help you or your loved one safely and comfortably detox from drugs or alcohol so that you can begin your journey to lifelong sobriety.
Signs of Addiction
There are many signs that someone you love may be struggling with addiction. It can be challenging to spot these signs because they manifest differently in each person. However, some common indicators signal a problem, including:
- Changes in appearance – People struggling with addiction may let their hygiene slide or wear inappropriate clothes for the season.
- Weight loss or weight gain – Addiction can lead to changes in appetite, resulting in drastic weight loss or weight gain.
- Sleeping more or less – People struggling with drugs or alcohol may sleep for long periods or have difficulty sleeping.
- Mood swings – Those with an addiction may experience sudden mood changes, such as irritability or happiness for no apparent reason.
- Loss of interest in activities – A person struggling with drugs or alcohol may lose interest in activities that they used to enjoy.
- Isolating from social situations – Someone with an addiction may withdraw from friends and family or stop participating in social activities.
People who have been struggling with addiction for a while may also discover that they experience withdrawal symptoms when they try to quit drugs or alcohol. This withdrawal can be uncomfortable and potentially dangerous.
Drug and Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
Withdrawal symptoms differ based on the substance a person abuses. Some common withdrawal symptoms associated with drugs and alcohol include:
- Muscle aches
While some of these symptoms may seem mild, they can quickly escalate and become life-threatening. This danger is why it’s so important to detox under the care of a professional team like the one at California Centers for Recovery.
Get In Touch
Request a Callback
Addiction counselors are standing by and available any time, day or night. California Centers for Recovery operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Don’t hesitate, call today.
A Luxury Drug and Alcohol Detox Center in Los Angeles County
California Centers for Recovery is a leading provider of addiction treatment services in Los Angeles County. Our detox center offers a variety of amenities and services to help our clients comfortably detox from drugs and alcohol. When beginning a detox program, expect stellar service throughout each step, including:
- Evaluation – Every client will receive an assessment to determine the substances in use and a general physical and mental evaluation. The results of this testing will determine how the individual treatment plan will look.
- Stabilization – Medical and psychological therapies help clients through withdrawal symptoms as their bodies adjust to newfound sobriety. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a cornerstone of this process to minimize discomfort.
- Transition – After the substances leave the body, our clients transition into a rehab program to build the foundation for continued recovery. With multiple therapies, the recovery specialists will help to explain the root of addiction and how to manage triggers in daily life.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, don’t wait to get help. Contact California Centers for Recovery today to learn more about our luxury detox programs and how we can help you or your loved one on the path to sobriety.
Get Started with California Centers for Recovery Today
Take the first step toward lifelong recovery today. Verify your insurance to see if your coverage will pay for your stay in our South Bay Area center. Contact us at 877.328.5682 to learn more or to get started.