Prescription drug addiction is becoming more dangerous. Several causes include the over-prescribing of drugs and the easy accessibility to them. When people become addicted, they may turn to illegal means to get more drugs, putting themselves and others at risk. Detoxification is the first step in overcoming addiction, and choosing a reputable prescription drug detox center that will offer the best chance at a successful recovery is essential.
At California Centers for Recovery, we’re committed to helping people reclaim their lives from the overwhelming bonds of prescription drug addiction. We understand how challenging and uncomfortable heroin withdrawal can be. Our Los Angeles detox programs are held in a safe, luxurious place where our clients can take the first steps toward a healthier future. We have a vast number of interventions and treatments that we can use to mitigate, manage, and minimize the resulting symptoms and side effects. Call 877.328.5682 today to get started
Commonly Abused Prescription Drugs
There are several different types of drugs that people can become addicted to, but some of the most commonly abused prescription drugs include:
- Opioids – OxyContin, Percocet, Vicodin, and codeine are all commonly prescribed and addictive
- Stimulants – Adderall, Ritalin, and Concerta can all be easily abused
- Benzodiazepines – Xanax, Valium, and Ativan are addictive and dangerous to stop using alone
If you’re addicted to any of these drugs or using them recreationally, it’s important to get help as soon as possible. Prescription drug addiction is a serious problem that can lead to significant health complications, job loss, financial ruin, and even death.
Signs of Prescription Drug Addiction
Many signs may indicate someone is suffering from a prescription drug addiction. If you or someone you know is exhibiting any of the following behaviors, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible:
- Tolerance – Needing more of the drug to achieve the desired effect
- Withdrawal – Experiencing negative side effects when stopping or reducing use
- Loss of control – Inability to stick to set limits on drug use
- Preoccupation – Constantly thinking about the drug and ways to obtain it
- Neglecting activities and responsibilities – Letting hobbies, work, and relationships slide in favor of drug use
- Continued use despite consequences – Using the drug even though it’s causing problems in one’s life
After a period of prescription drug addiction, withdrawal symptoms will occur when use is stopped or reduced. These withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable and even dangerous, which is why it’s important to detox under the care of professionals.
Get In Touch
Request a Callback
Addiction counselors are standing by and available any time, day or night. California Centers for Recovery operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Don’t hesitate, call today.
Dangerous Prescription Drug Withdrawal Symptoms
Withdrawal symptoms will differ depending on the type of drug that was being abused. It is important to be under the care of a professional detox center when going through withdrawal, as some symptoms can be life-threatening.
Some common prescription drug withdrawal symptoms include:
- Muscle Aches
Detoxing from prescription drugs can be a difficult and dangerous process. It is important to have professional help when going through detox and withdrawal. The staff at California Centers for Recovery are experienced in helping people through this difficult time.
Benefits of a Prescription Drug Detox Program
There are many benefits to enrolling in a prescription drug detox center. Some of these benefits include:
- Medical detoxification under the care of experienced professionals
- A safe and comfortable environment
- A tailored detox program based on your individual needs
- Access to other addiction treatment services, such as therapy and counseling
If you or a loved one are struggling with prescription drug addiction, don’t wait to get help. Call California Centers for Recovery today at 877.328.5682 to speak with a member of our admissions team. We can answer any questions about our detox programs and help you get started on the road to recovery.
A Luxury Prescription Drug Detox Center in Los Angeles, CA
There is no better moment to seek assistance for your prescription drug addiction than now. Our luxurious detox facility in the South Bay Area may be covered by insurance for your stay. We accept most major insurance companies, such as:
- Beacon Health Options
- First Health Network
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Verify your insurance now to find out if the first step of your recovery could be at no cost to you. Start the journey to a happier, healthier future. Contact us at 877.328.5682 today to learn more or get started.