Inpatient or residential treatment programs are an effective way of dealing with alcohol and drug addiction. While being in the program may seem uncomfortable, the residential atmosphere is crucial in helping you or your loved one fight alcohol and drug addiction. Typically, most residential patients enjoy long-term recovery. Additionally, recovery can promote a healthy life in the long term.
Primary Benefits of Residential Drug Rehab
The benefits of residential drug rehab go far beyond just promoting sobriety. Below are general categories that sum up the benefits of residential drug rehab.
Although many people may view residential programs as daunting, they involve a structured routine that allows individuals to focus on attaining a healthy life. The residential treatment structure helps people avoid idle time that would enable alcohol and drug cravings to grow. Additionally, you or your loved one will benefit from stability, an essential element in the recovery program. Accountability and clear boundaries allow individuals struggling with alcohol and drug addiction to keep commitments and develop new willpower.
Residential drug rehab involves keeping people away from work, family, obligations, friends, and school. Having all these worries set aside, people fighting addiction have time to focus on themselves. Typically, through residential programs, peoples with addictions learn how to live without caring about substances and instead care for themselves.
Residential treatment helps individuals with addictions beyond getting their sober lives back as it helps them address their past problems and pursue new health habits.
Most people struggling with drug or alcohol dependency feel misunderstood, guilty, and isolated. The stigma associated with addiction also keeps people with drug addiction problems from seeking treatment. However, residential treatments allow such people an environment with no judgments or pressure, making a recovery from addiction easier.
Everyone you join at residential drug rehab is fully aware of the suffering and pain caused by addiction. At a residential rehab, people are allowed to share their struggles and success stories. The professionals at a residential drug rehab offer compassionate and professional guides to the patients. You can be sure of quality aid whenever you experience a challenging moment at a residential rehab.
Length of Care
Residential treatments usually vary in time commitments. The most typical residential programs are either:
- Short-term – Generally, these are programs designed to run for about three months or even less. Short-term programs might be milder or less intensive. Milder programs help the patients to focus on addictions only, while the intensive programs assist with mental and physical crises.
- Long-term – These treatment programs are also known as therapeutic communities. These programs may offer personalized apartments and other amenities. This allows the patient a more leisurely time during their stay at a treatment center. The programs usually run for about six months or even more.
Once you visit a residential drug rehab, they will help you determine the best treatment option for your situation. However, with long-term treatments, the success rate of staying sober is better.
Most of the amenities offered in many residential treatments are luxurious; this allows patients a comfortable stay during their treatment. Additionally, they help with retention, as patients can feel at home while they receive treatment.
Some luxury rehab centers may offer amenities like:
• Wellness activities like yoga and meditation classes.
• Fitness centers with personal trainers
• Nutritional counseling
• Recreational activities such as pool, tennis, and golf.
• Spa services such as massage therapy and sauna baths.
• Delicious meals prepared by well-experienced chefs
With appealing accommodation, patients are likely to continue their treatment programs. In addition, many program modalities have some relaxation and calming effects, allowing them easy recovery time.
Am I a Candidate?
While most people with addiction can reap the benefits of residential drug rehab programs, those with specific situations may benefit even more from around-the-clock care. Such circumstances include:
- Histories of overdose – People who have experienced an overdose can benefit from the residential programs as they help them fight and control their cravings.
- Mental health diagnosis – When an individual is diagnosed with a mental health disorder and an addiction, residential rehabs can provide more intense care that helps them tackle both issues.
- Histories of failed rehab attempts or relapse – People with addiction histories may benefit from residential programs as the treatments give them a higher chance of success.
- Legal issues – If an individual has recently been through the court system due to their addiction, they may need more intense care that residential programs can provide.
It may be more challenging for people with specific circumstances to redevelop sober living habits through a residential rehab. Most people with these symptoms usually have had addictions for a long time. Additionally, living in a residential program might be difficult for such people. Most of these people have experienced multiple bouts with addiction or mental health problems. As a result, they push their loved ones far away, making it challenging for them to recover from home.
Residential Drug Rehab at California Centers for Recovery
Recovering from drug and alcohol addiction might be challenging, hence the need for a secure and safe environment for recovery. A residential program’s community and structure provide an environment where patients can heal minds, spirits, and bodies.
Sustainable and successful recovery is the decisive goal of any residential program. If you are looking for the best way to fight your addictions, consider residential treatment. If you have not had successful treatment with other programs, residential treatment might be your option. Ready to get started? Contact us at 877.328.5682 today.